SCENARIO- ACTIVE SHOOTER ON PREMISES:
What do you do to save yourself and others when you cannot escape and an Active Shooter is forcing his way through the door of your classroom or office intent on killing you (not to take you hostage)?
The techniques and tactics thought in this module are truly LAST RESORT SURVIVAL MEASURES, where you have only two choices, (1) do nothing and die or (2) respond as a team, using "Collective Resistance", and fight for survival.
When it comes to survival there is no margin for errors and every delay can be fatal. Not knowing what to do will cause panic and waste precious time. In order to act decisively in life threatening circumstances we must trust that the training we received will actually work.
The Last Resort Active Shooter Survival Measures module teaches valuable reality-based lessons in a no-nonsense format and provides step-by-step specific instructions of attack countermeasures that can save lives.
- Preparing for the Shooter:
- Defending the room - Understand the difference between cover and concealment.
- Defense-In-Depth / Layering Obstacles
- Weapons of Survival - How to use ordinary objects to slow down the impact of a bullet.
- Assuming Leadership Position - How to take charge during a crisis.
- Looking Outside The Door - How to get out of the shooter’s kill zone.
- Disrupting the Shooter:
- Counter Intrusion Tactics - Learn what to do and not do when the Shooter enters your room.
- Setting Up the Trap - Learn how a Shooter thinks and how to use this knowledge against them.
- Controlling the Hands
- Exercise: preparing for the Active Shooter
- Stopping the Killer:
- Watch the astonishing life and death difference between taking action to save yourself or just hiding under a table.
- Learn what to do during the critical few seconds of the attack to save yourself and others.
- Learn how to outdo the Shooter’s frame of reference and gain the upper hand.
- Learn how to work as a team and collectively stop the Shooter’s attack.
- Encounter with Aggressor
- Preparing By The Door
- Stopping the shooter from one side of the door
- Stopping the shooter from both side of the door
- Exercise: Responding to an Active Shooter
- Using Necessary Force
- Weapon Disarmament and Control
- Tying Down The Shooter
- Confronting Two Shooters
- Hallways Confrontation
- The Winning Mindset