Do you have a passion for protecting others and making your community safer? Put your experience to good use and take your skills to the next level. Become an ACT Certified Instructor.
There is no doubt that all victims of violence share a common desire of staying alive. What they lack is the knowledge necessary to act in self-preservation. As an ACT Certified Instructor™, you will be able to empower others with knowledge that can help save lives.
The ACT Certified Instructor™ course curriculum is focused on two components: Prevention & Response.
As an ACT Certified Instructor™, you will be able to teach the essential functions of the “First Preventers” in recognizing and reporting signs of danger and help reducing vulnerabilities. You will also be able to train others how to act as “On-Location Responders” during the initial moments of an attack and minimize casualties.
The ACT Instructor Certification™ course is personally taught by the program developer and founder.
In the 3 days Hands On Instructor Training you will learn:
DAY ONE – Prevention & Preparedness
- Trends & Potentials and Indicators & Warnings of violence
- Preventive security and early warning systems
- Emergency response planning and practice
- Weapon defense and gun disarmament
- Use of cover and improvised weapons
- Safe escape and evacuation
- Crisis communication
DAY TWO – Response & Survival
- Survival Fighting
- Defense of a third party
- Critical decisions making
- Interaction with First Responders
- Hiding and barricading (Lockdown)
- Leadership and crisis communication
- Collective resistance and teamwork response
- Last Resort Active Shooter Survival Measures
DAY THREE – Instructorship Skills
- Training standards & rules
- Instructor support materials
- Classroom setting and props
- Principles of survival learning
- Presentation and delivery skills
- Effective teaching methodology
- Instructor administrative support
- Live drills coordination and safety
- Instructor final exam and certification